The Kittatinny Regional School District is in Year 5 of its participation in the New Jersey Interdistrict Public School Choice Program for the 2017-2018 school year. The program allows students who live within 20 miles from Kittatinny Regional High School to choose Kittatinny as their school district rather than their home district.
Kittatinny Regional High School offers:
· A challenging College Prep program infused with the latest technologies
· Average class sizes of approximately 19 students
· A full complement of athletic programs, including a reinstated Freshman athletic program
· IPad instruction implementation in the Science Department
· Numerous programs in the Fine and Performing Arts
· State of the art Science labs in both the Junior High and Senior High wings
· Championship Marching Band, Mock Trial and Wrestling programs
Due to the Department of Education’s restrictions on student choice seats and lack of funding, KRHS may have limited to no open school choice seats for the 2017-2018 school year.
Understanding this information, any school age resident of New Jersey residing within 20 miles of Kittatinny Regional High School may apply for the program.
Parents who wish their students to attend the Kittatinny Regional High School District for the 2017-2018 school year must do the following:
· STEP 1: Complete the Student Application and send it to your choice district by December 1, 2017
· STEP 2: Complete the Notice of Intent to Participate and send it to your resident district by December 1, 2017
· STEP 3: Complete the Notice of Intent to Enroll and send it to your choice district by January 5, 2018
· See Student Application Timeline for 2018-2019
Please note different processes for Tier 1 and Tier 2)
For further information, please see the following links:
Kittatinny School Choice Program Profile
Department of Education website: www.state.nj.us/education/choice